Pages

10.29.2014

First Yarn Along


I am so excited to join in on the yarn along for the first time this week! I even have a completed project to share. This Shibui Baby Hat from Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders just came off my needles last night. I've knit this hat up before for a friend's baby and was delighted that it seemed even easier the second time around.  I wasn't quite sure about the yarn at first, it seemed a bit too dark for a baby, but it has really grown on me. Now it's time to cast on for some matching little socks. They'll be perfect for keeping our new baby warm when he arrives in the bitter cold of February. 

As for my reading, I've started Charlotte Mason's Home Education and have been delighted with it thus far.  Though I'm not very far into it yet, her suggestions seem very well grounded in common sense.  I've also noticed similarities between her educational philosophy and that of others I've looked into.  My daughters are still a ways from being 'school' aged, so I'm grateful to have a few more years to prepare myself for educating our children at home. 

~ Happy knitting, and thank you for visiting!

10 comments:

  1. I love the hat! The little knot on top is so cute and I think the colour is perfect. It's just this little bit unusual to make it special!
    Lena x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the colour is great too. I like babies in colours that aren't the traditional pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hat color is perfect. I like colors that have a bit of zip in the winter when everything is bleak. Good luck with baby. My daughter is due in Dec and I'm busy knitting to keep baby warm this winter. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of your hat! It may seem like schooling is far away but the time goes so so fast. I still can't believe mine is a sophomore in college. You can never start the education planning too early. There are so many options these days. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how exciting for you first yarn along! Love the hat and the color of it. nothing wrong with being at the ready for the school years, they come and go so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy Charlotte Mason as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yarn alongs are a lot of fun! welcome to them! and lovely hat, I do like the colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous hat! You will have one snug and toasty newborn. (Congratulations, by the way!) It's nice that you are making the time to ponder and read about educating your little ones. I find it so helpful to be prepared beforehand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely snuggly baby hat, your little one will be toasty! x

    ReplyDelete