Pages

10.15.2014

Why?


I've been thinking a lot lately of my purpose for creating and writing in this space.  Why am I doing it?  Does it mater what I write about, or if anyone else ever finds and reads what I have to say.  Though I think the title does a fair job of telling what I endeavor to write about, I'd like to try and articulate, mostly for myself, the why behind it.  

As a homemaker, and mother of little ones, it can be very easy for days and even weeks to go by feeling as if nothing has been accomplished.  A lot of the same things happen every day, meal prep and clean up, diapers and laundry, bath and bed.  In between all of the  necessary tasks of raising a family and maintaining a home, I strive to make a little time to nurture my own creativity.

By documenting even the smallest amount of tangible creative efforts, I am able to look back and see that, yes I have indeed *done* something. This encourages me to continue on in spite of the everyday bits of living that often cause me to push many of the things that I enjoy to the back burner for some day. I choose for 'some day' to be *today*, and every day!

Of course there is the ever important and daily task of nurturing and guiding children as they learn and grow.  I am encouraged in my mothering as I capture moments of wonder along the way that show the fruits of my efforts beginning to blossom. I am in awe of each of my dear children, and honored to share with them the wonder of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment