Pages

11.06.2014

Yarn Along :: an experiment



I finished knitting the little hooded cape a few weeks ago, but still need to weave in the ends and sew on the toggle that I finally got for it this week.  There are a few mistakes, but that's how one learns, right? I started knitting this to use up some yarn that I wasn't terribly fond of, and I think perhaps I should have done a larger size, as there is quite a lot of extra yarn left.  Maybe a little vest to go with it? 

My oldest daughter has long been requesting mama-knit hat, so I figured that would be the perfect project to start on next. Plus, I can't seem to locate my size 1 DPNs for the little socks to go with the baby hat I knit last week. The Shibui baby hat pattern is so quick and easy to knit up that I decided to try my hand at sizing up a pattern.  So far I'm very pleased with how it's turning out, and hopeful that it will fit at least one of my girls. I'll share details next week once I finish and figure out if I need to make any adjustments. 

Even thought I hadn't gotten very far in reading Home Education, it was due back to the library.  I'll definitely need to get my own copy so I have time to really savor and digest it's pages.  While visiting a friend the other day she surprised me with a  couple of books that she had discovered on her shelves and thought I might be interested in. Yes please! Toymaking With Children has been on my list of 'want to read' books for quite sometime. It has given me just the motivation I needed to sort through our toys and organize a more kid friendly play space. I'm anxious to try out some of the patterns in this book.

~ Following along with Ginny. Happy knitting!


3 comments: