Pages

9.22.2014

EXTRA YARN








     Recently, and to everyone's delight, we've been making more regular trips to our local library.  I have some very fond memories of the library that I grew up with.  It was a magical place for me, with tables and chairs just my size.  Special reading areas for kids with funky, comfy seating.  Not to mention the seemingly endless collection of books!  Needless to say I am eager for my own children to develop the same fondness for libraries and books that I have.
     
On our last visit I spied a very special book on the shelf, that I have been wanting to get my hands on for quite some time!  Extra Yarn is a sweet story of a girl named Annabelle who finds a magical box of yarn that she uses to transform her dreary town and everyone who lives there.  Paired with such charming illustrations makes for a delightful book all around.  And the part that warms this knitting mama's heart the most is that out of all the lovely stories that came home with us, this is the one most often requested. Yes, dear girl, I would love to read the knitting book with you again!
     
When asked if we had any extra yarn, I was glad to dig out my too long neglected stash and share something I love so dearly with my sweet Lydia.  And in the process discovered a handful of *not quite* finished projects that have been patiently waiting for me to get to them.  With the days beginning to turn somewhat cooler, it seems an appropriate time to begin knitting again.  Hopefully soon I shall have some completed projects to share with you!

~ What books are you enjoying these days?  Have they taken you and yours on any fun adventures?
     




No comments:

Post a Comment