Pages

9.30.2014

::braving::





















Several years ago I read an article that talked about how critical a father's involvement is in the development of his daughter's confidence and sense of self worth.  As our daughters grow and begin to push the boundaries of their own comfort zone, I am filled with gratitude for the man they are blessed to call their Papa.  On our recent trip into the woods he helped Lydia begin to overcome fears and gain confidence in her ability for tree climbing.  My heart swelled as she began shouting "Mama, look, I'm braving!"  Evangeline's adventurous spirit carried her over every obstacle in sight, with a knowing that her Papa will always be there to catch her.  Such fun they'll all have together with a new baby brother!


For those who are interested, Evangeline's snuggly hat is from this delightful little pattern.  I'm hoping to knit one for Lydia as well this winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment