Pages

1.16.2013

:: simple things ::




These days I find myself attempting to take each new day as it comes  and pausing to take note and appreciate the simple things that bring joy to my life.  Once you start looking you may find that your life is full of simple joys.  It is the simple things that bring true beauty and wonder into our lives.

~ Icicles melting in the warm afternoon sun.  A welcome site after such bitter cold.
~ Soft scrumptious yarn waiting to be transformed into cherished hand knits.
~ Having a dear friend watch my girl so that I can go to the store *alone* to pick out said yarn.
~ Seeing a beautiful pattern emerge from that yarn as I follow each instruction step by step. 
~ I can still pick up my baby little girl and rock her to sleep in my arms.
~ Peals of laughter from that same little girl as she plays with her Papa.
~ Getting to see and actually spend *time* with that handsome man after a long hard week.
~ Getting to stay home everyday and watch by baby grow into an amazingly sweet, funny and clever little girl.  Thanks to my wonderful husband for working *so* hard to make that possible!
~ Nap time, bed time, mama time!
~ This little space that helps me see and remember the wonder that can be found in my very own HOME.

Wishing you many simple joys, friend,  as you move through your days.

No comments:

Post a Comment